This week was busy for the Dingman Center. Our Assistant Director of Venture Programs, Joel Marquis attended the Venture Capital Investment Competition Information Session. We also had this month’s Dingman Center Angels investor meeting at the Microsoft Offices in Chevy Chase.
Today, we have weekly Innovation Fridays sessions, legal office hours, and Speed Pitch with ten guest advisors. Like our Facebook Page for highlights from this week’s events.
Now, let`s check out this week’s Worth Reading.
- Great brands usually have easy and sound names that are easy for people to remember. Wondering what it takes to come up with a recognized brand name? Check out What’s In a Great Brand Name to get insights.
- Successful entrepreneurs are the ones who excel in effective communication. They know when to be quiet and when to be spoken. Check out the Secret to Effective Communication and understand What you Do Before Open Your Mouth.
- Raising money is a crucial step after having your business idea; however it is easier saying than doing. Check out How To Raise Money For Your Startup and get one-step closer.
- Mark Cuban is recognized as one of the most outrageous and rebellious successful entrepreneurs. His passion in his own business set him apart from other entrepreneurs. Read Mark Cuban’s 12 Rules for Startups and starts to build your own rules now.
- For startups, one of the easiest ways to market their business is through social media. Check out How to Create the Perfect Post on Social Media and Post it at the Best Times.