This week the Dingman Center team welcomed the first cohort of Fearless Founders! We hosted a kick-off event for the group where they attended their first workshop and celebrated in the Dingman Center bullpen. Read our last post ”Introducing the Fearless Founders“ for details on the 22 accepted companies.
We’ve also begun receiving applications for Cupid’s Cup! Check out cupidscup.com for details on this year’s bigger competition. Not sure if you’re ready to apply? Hit the “Apply Later” button on cupidscup.com and we’ll invite you to a webinar on November 6 to answer all your questions.
Now, let’s enjoy this week’s Worth Reading:
- Digital marketing is getting more and more crucial, especially for startups with small marketing budgets. However, the truth is lots of CMOs still don’t understand how it works. Check out the infographic: Are CMOs ready for digital marketing?
- To be a successful entrepreneur, you need to learn how to be a good boss. Read The 10 Best Pointy-Haired Boss Moments From ‘Dailbert’ and make sure you don`t make the same mistakes.
- We’ve all met these people: They are likable, welcoming, and seem to know everyone. By speaking with them for 15 minutes, you already feel like you have known each others for centuries. Who are they? They are connectors. Check out Forget Networking. How to Be a Connector and learn a few tips.
- Many entrepreneurs disregard the traditional business plan. They think business plans are static and unrealistic. But, there is The Business Plan That Always Works. Check out the article and learn the secrets why.
- Every idea has the potential to become a viable business. Read the story of How ’Nightmare’ Producer Tim Haskell Turned NYC’s First Haunted House Into a Year-Round Business and get inspired.