It was an exciting week for The Dingman Center. We are thrilled to see MBA students coming back to campus for the start of another great academic year. A highlight from the week was Wednesday when the first year MBA students hosted MBA Marketplace, a fundraising competition to test out students’ creativity. Staff had fun using monopoly money to shop at the Marketplace. We also welcomed a new Dingman team member, Adam Van Wagner. Adam is our Community and Venture Programs Coordinator so many of you hear from him via email. When you’re in the office stop by and say hello.
Let’s check out what’s worth reading for this week:
- Think Millennial Workers cannot be good entrepreneurs? Read this article before making your judgments. Matthew Davis: Millennials make great entrepreneurs – if they can get past Miley Cyrus.
- Silicon Valley has always been the hub for all entrepreneurs. Yesterday’s simple business idea might become a multimillion business tomorrow. Learn about the 6 Emerging Trends In Silicon Valley Entrepreneurship.
- With the magic power of 140 characters, Twitter remains to rock in social media. Not satisfied? Take a look at how Twitter Continues To Beef Up Its Social TV Efforts.
- Different entrepreneurs use different recipes to raise money from investors. Learn from A Startup landed $6 Million From The Founders of Dropbox, Yelp, Box, Yammer, And Gmail.
- For entrepreneurs, it is crucial to build a strong network. However, building your network is not enough. What`s more important is to maintain the network. Grab some useful tips from Simple Ways To Keep Your Network From Growing Cold.