As UMD undergrads started the new semester this week, the Dingman Center saw many old and new students coming to visit. During the summer, we worked diligently to make quite a few changes, one of which is Innovation Fridays, formerly known as Pitch Dingman. The experience is the same, only the name has changed. Students can pitch their ideas and receive feedback from experienced Entrepreneurs in Residence. We are excited to kick off Innovation Fridays today and expect to see more students this year! Now, enjoy this edition of worth reading.
- Few people can claim to be successful entrepreneurs. Far fewer can say they are successful serial entrepreneurs. Take a look at how Serial Entrepreneurs Pursue Multiple Opportunities.
- Often times, one of the biggest challenges entrepreneurs encounter is creating brand awareness with little capital. Here are the 7 Marketing Tips for Bootstrapped Startups.
- With the evolution of web 2.0, doing businesses across international borders is much easier than ever before. Check out some of the Best Destinations to Start Your Startup globally.
- There is an old saying that goes ”learning by doing”, but it is equally important to learn before doing. To be a successful entrepreneur, you need to learn how to be a leader first. Here is a list of 30 Books To Make You A Better Business Leader. Choose a few, apply theories learned, and make yourself a better leader.
- Successful entrepreneurs are good observers. They pay attention to small details and get inspired. Read What Salvador Dali and Jeff Bezos Have in Common and grab some tips from them.