As happens every four years, the Olympics are dominating the media. We can’t get enough of reading about athletes from all across the world. While it’s clear these Olympic athletes are fully committed to training for their sport, many have a day job. American snowboarder, Travis Rice, is not only a sensational athlete, but also a successful entrepreneur. He is the owner and the founder of the online gallery AsymbolGallery.com. There are many more athlete/entrepreneurs out there–who’s your favorite?
Check out some non-Sochi news we found Worth Reading this week:
- For startups, the more social media you can execute yourself, the smalles your budget will need to be. Check out Social Media Stats 2014 (Infographic) to learn which network will work best for your business objectives.
- If you’re in the food business, one of the most critical factors is location; however, for food trucks, no such concern exists. Read Food Trucks 101: How To Start a Mobile Food Business if you’re thinking about starting one yourself.
- As teams grow bigger, it is harder for the boss to motivate and engage with each and every employee. If you’re a founder of startup with a growing team, read Why Don’t My Employees Care? and learn an important lesson.
- Real entrepreneurs take actions. They are fearless and are not afraid of making mistakes. Check out 4 Traits That Separate Real Entrepreneurs From Wannabes.
- “Why not let start-up incubators and accelerators provide a bridge between traditional Hollywood interests, tech companies and angel investors?” Check out Hollywood Needs Start-Ups Incubators for Entertainment.