When launching a business, often there are a variety of start-up costs to track. Being organized on the front-end with your startup’s finances will pay off in the long-run.
- Quickbooks – Widely used accounting tool; starts at $10/month
- Wave – Up and coming accounting tool with strong user interface; free
- Freshbooks – Accounting tool with mobile functionality; starts at $9.95/month
- Zoho Books – Accounting tool that allows for unlimited users; one pricing plan $24/month
- Less Accounting – Less features than other tools but good analytics; starts at $20/month
For some of the pros and cons of each of these tools check out Top 5 Accounting Tools for Freelancers and Small Businesses.
Once your business progresses and you add a team of employees and/or purchase assets that will depreciate, you may want to invest in an accountant or accounting firm to manage your books and prepare your returns.